Buss Loop® Reactor Technology
The BUSS LOOP® reactors are designed to increase your efficiency, productivity and process flexibility resulting in highly economical production plants. The Buss ChemTech safety philosophy combined with optimised yields grants best ecological solutions.
Buss ChemTech has a long history and excellent reputation in reaction technology as its first BUSS LOOP® reactor was sold in 1950. The company has continuously updated the system and enlarged its competence. More than 800 reactions have been optimised for clients in the area of
Please choose the sub-menu "Our Expertise" for an overview on our reactions !!
Three flexible and modern pilot plants and a state-of-the-art laboratory together with our experienced chemists, process and technology experts build the basis of our success and of each designed industrial plant. We always offer to you a process with full performance guarantee in respect of yield, selectivity and consumption figures.
Your benefit and advantage:
- Single source responsibility; process optimisation, engineering, material purchasing, realisation, start-up and performance guarantee
- Superior profitability due to minimised operational costs
- Shorter time to market; within 2 to 3 weeks we normally have optimised your process and have defined the performance figure you can expect in an industrial plant
- Higher flexibility of working volume in comparison with a STR (stirred tank reactor)
Further advantages of the BUSS LOOP® reactor
- Continuous operation of a BUSS LOOP® reactor allows eliminating a cascade of several stirred tank reactors which shortens production time and reduces production space
- Flexibility in working volume as the BUSS LOOP® reactors may be operated between 30 and 110 % of the nominal capacity, still offering the same heat transfer area, the same mixing efficiency and therefore the same mass transfer rates. This is a welcome benefit for each multipurpose plant.
- Significant savings in catalyst cost up to 70 % can be achieved due to the high efficient mixing device combined with a high performance 3-phase pump which works also when the liquid contains high gas volumes, which again has a positive effect on the life time of the catalyst.
We can prove what we promise !